Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Micro-drops/spiking latency

Hi all

We've been getting brief service drops frequently for the last couple of weeks - BQM link below - nothing obvious on router logs but I can post if people think it might give you more insight - any suggestions on what I can do to explore this further?  It's seriously frustrating!

Thanks

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/52ab34de217fbdeff89b76e81e6ee832eb323b80
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Micro-drops/spiking latency

That looks pretty conclusively like "over-utilisation".

Here's my thoughts on the matter.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Avel, thanks for the message and sorry to hear that you are having issues with the broadband connection. I have looked at the area and there is no area outage but there could be some channel snr issues. I will send you a private message to get this looked into further ^Chris 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Avel, thanks for the message and glad that we are on the way to getting this resolved for you. Please let us know how it goes? Chris 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Chris, you were very helpful and responsive getting the appointment set up - but it was due to be this afternoon, noone's turned up and I have no way of contacting the right department I guess.  Can you please message me to let me know what's going on and reschedule if necessary?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Avel, we have contacted you via private message with what happened, This was cancelled by our field operations centre due to an outage in the area. Chris 

0 Kudos