Menu
DUBAKK
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Mesh WiFi to VM Router

Hi Folks. I'm planning to install a TP-LINK DECO E4 (3-PACK) DUAL BAND WHOLE HOME MESH WIFI BOOSTER system in my home. 

I've got a standard 4 Port Cable Router and a VM 365 Box. I have both my Laptop & Printer hardwired to the router, with the rest of the devices connected wirelessly.  Are there any specific installation instructions I should consider, or be be concerned about, before I place an order for the system?  

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Mesh WiFi to VM Router

The E4's only have 10/100 ethernet ports I believe (check) If so you will never exceed 100Mbps. may be OK for you but I would future proof with the GB speed M4's.

Connect like this

Disconnect all cables from your new router (or Mesh first unit) and unplug it. Put the VM Hub into modem mode (see VM website for “how to” details) and wait for the base light to turn magenta/purple (on a Hub3 - but not on a Hub4!). Once it’s in modem mode, the VM hub must then be powered off. Then, set up your own router/Mesh with the WAN port set to be in DHCP mode, it may be pre-set that way anyway. Make sure it’s fully initialised (leave 5 min) and then put in the WAN cable to the VM hub. Now power up the VM hub and you should get a connection. Use the recommended App to connect other Mesh units to the first one. This order only needs to be done the first time you connect the router to the VM hub.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos