Menu
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Mesh WiFi on Superhub 3 without using modem mode

Hi,

I have the Superhub 3 and frankly I’ve never been happy with the WiFi. One issue is that the range doesn’t extend to cover the whole house (partly due to extensions and thick walls) and another issue is that sometimes it just drops out for no reason resulting in us having to turn WiFi off and on on phones & tablets, in particular my son gets annoyed that he had to reboot his PC to reconnect. We usually end up rebooting the Superhub when it gets bad and that seems to sort it for a while. 
Anyway - I’m looking at getting a Mesh setup to hopefully solve both of these issues. 
I would prefer NOT to have something that requires me to put the Superhub into modem mode, purely because I’m already using the wired ports on it - but I’d be ok with disabling the Superhub WiFi if that’s something that people would recommend. 

So - is the BT whole home kit still the best option for doing this, or is there something else that folks would recommend. I expect to need 3 discs - 1 connected to the Superhub, 1 upstairs and 1 downstairs. 

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Wise owl
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Mesh WiFi on Superhub 3 without using modem mode

I use the BT whole home mesh and it works well.

You will need to leave the Hub in router mode because the BT does not include a router. You should turn off its WiFi to avoid interference with the mesh. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Mesh WiFi on Superhub 3 without using modem mode

Thanks for the prompt and simple answer!

0 Kudos