cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Media Connect App fails SIM check

Bobbykins
Tuning in

Actually this is about the Virgin Media Connect App but that doesn't seem to have an entry in the board selection (of the 5 Virgin apps in Play Store only one is listed under Apps in this forum).

In 'Media Connect' I am trying to login using my SIM details, I have

• turned off WiFi,
  • ensured that mobile data is enabled
  • verified I have a phone signal (4G)
  • verified there is no VPN

And all I get is "Sorry, we're having problems"

I can successfully login using My Virgin Media credentials but that doesn't allow you to access features under the Mobile icon at the bottom of the app screen.

I'm asking the same question as found in https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Forum-Archive/Checking-Your-Sim/m-p/4826396 where the user states they have been told it is an issued with Android 11. Is it also an issue with Android 12, the version I am using.

Regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Bobbykins

Thank you for your post.

Graham_A is correct here - you won't be able to use this sign in method if you have migrated over to O2. If you're unsure, you should have received an email advising if you have migrated to O2 or not.

On the app it advises to check:

• You have a strong 4G/5G signal
  • Your WiFi is turned off
  • Mobile data is enabled
  • You have not switched over to O2

If you have migrated, you'll need to register for My O2 if you haven't already, to manage your account and services 😊

Let me know if this helps

Beth

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

It may be that the mobile section no longer works following the switch of Virgin Mobile accounts to O2.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Bobbykins

Thank you for your post.

Graham_A is correct here - you won't be able to use this sign in method if you have migrated over to O2. If you're unsure, you should have received an email advising if you have migrated to O2 or not.

On the app it advises to check:

• You have a strong 4G/5G signal
  • Your WiFi is turned off
  • Mobile data is enabled
  • You have not switched over to O2

If you have migrated, you'll need to register for My O2 if you haven't already, to manage your account and services 😊

Let me know if this helps

Beth

That would seem to be the case.

Ta