Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Maximum Virgin Hub 3 max WiFi speeds

What is maximum theoretical speeds on this router via 5ghz and 2.4ghz? I'd like to know so the potential replacement router is also theoretically better (as the range being better is a given).

I saw figures 912Mbps and 216Mbps on a review article but surprisingly cannot find many specs on this device.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Maximum Virgin Hub 3 max WiFi speeds

Any decent gigabit enable Wi-Fi router will give you better Wi-Fi than any VM Hub especially with the Hub in Modem mode.

If the budget allows I would look at something like >> THIS <<

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Semi-Retired Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - Mike Robbo
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for replying again. Yeah saw this monstrosity on Amazon, think I'll pass as it's 'only' two bed apartment. But I'll try find best for my budget.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I use one of >> THESE << and it works flawlessly.

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Semi-Retired Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Forgive an ignorant old man, but would one of the Netgear devices replace the Virgin hub or is it wired to the hub via a network cable?  Apologies for the question but thanks in advance for the answers. 🙂

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

it would be wired to the virgin hub.

the virgin hub would be put into "modem mode" and pass the WAN IP address straight through to the new device, which would act as your router and wireless access point.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Your Local Area Network (LAN) would look something like this ...

LAN-Modem

Mike Robinson

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

What would be your budget?

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I'm getting a pretty good experience with the ASUS RT-AX55. I use mine as part of a mesh, but for a smaller 2-bed apartment, I suspect this do well. Wifi-6 for just over £100. If you want so spend a little more, the RT-AX56 or 58 are also good and can be flashed with the Merlin firmware.

Depends on how much you like to tinker!

0 Kudos