cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Massive Packet Loss since 3am

imawookie
Joining in

Hi 

Since 3am I am getting huge amounts of packet loss.

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/716b0e309b8b4dc373a8714b523f12753b... 

Phoning Virgin Media is no help as when I say I have packet loss they don't understand what that means.

Any idea how to fix this? 

8 REPLIES 8

imawookie
Joining in

A technician is coming round but not sure that is the correct as it was fine before 3am and it doesn't just randomly start like that.

I don't know if this is connected, but overnight my router has reset itself - I renamed the network when I got my new Hub 5, but now it's reverted to it's original network name and has forced me to reconnect all of my devices ?

How does that happen ??

I now have a flashy green light and completely no internet.

I think VM may have pushed an update to the Hub's. I have the Gig1 router and noticed that my internet dropped out at around 2am, when I checked the router it was flashing green and since I run the router in bridged mode, it now stays solid green?

As for the packet loss issues, I myself had this problem and it took me days to figure out since VM support team wasn't helpful, try resetting the router by pushing the pin hole reset for EXACTLY 1 minute. After 1 minute release and then let the router do its thing and try doing some tests again.

Yep did the pin hole reset and nothing. Flashy green light apparently means no wifi.

I'm now stuck in a loop of Update in Progress so can't log onto the box.

Can't check any logs as after the factory reset without any cables in it immediately went to software update.

The router is completely done.

2 hours after a factory reset it's now back up and running. It's a good thing I'm technically sound as if this was someone with less knowledge they'd be without internet until a technician showed up.

Virgin level 1 support really needs to get it's **bleep** together!

Hi imawookie,

Thank you for reaching back out, I was able to locate you on our system using the details we have for you, it looks like the Reset may have done the trick, how have things been since, do you still have a Technician booked in?

Regards

Paul.