Menu
naga2005
Joining in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Many links are not working for me and it goes directly to advancedsearch2.virginmedia.com

I'm unable to access certain websites which are related to my work, these were working fine until this morning. And now the same links take me to Virgin Advanced search. I'm not able to avoid this page. Even the option to turn it off is not showing any options to do so. All i get is:

Advanced Network Error Search
Our advanced network error search helps you find the website you're looking for quickly.

We all make mistakes when we type in website addresses. Perhaps we miss a few letters, or the website doesn't exist any longer. If an address you enter doesn't locate a site, this handy feature will convert the incorrect address into a web search, so instead of an error message you will get a list of our closest matches, plus some additional related links.

You can switch off this service, but you need to be connected to the internet via your home Virgin Media broadband connection. We cannot recognise this connection right now, or there may be a problem with our system. Please connect to the internet via your home broadband connection, or try again later.

The Virgin Media Team

Could you please help resolve this issue. It has stopped me from using may links which were working earlier.

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Many links are not working for me and it goes directly to advancedsearch2.virginmedia.com

For now you could try manually changing your DNS servers to Google:

gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Many links are not working for me and it goes directly to advancedsearch2.virginmedia.com

Are you connected direct to your home broadband or on a vpn?

Changing DNS won't effect the Advanced Network Error Search.

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
naga2005
Joining in
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I'm using Wifi to the home broadband and then started a VPN for a secure network.

Now after changing the DNS. i'm able to access those links. Thanks carl_pearce

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

@naga2005 wrote:

I'm using Wifi to the home broadband and then started a VPN for a secure network.

Now after changing the DNS. i'm able to access those links. Thanks carl_pearce

You are welcome.

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

If you're on the VPN then you can't disable the Advanced Search - you need to be disconnected from the VPN when you go to the page to disable it.

Also is this a work supplied VPN or a personal one?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
legacy1
Alessandro Volta
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

@gary_dexter wrote:

Changing DNS won't effect the Advanced Network Error Search.

Are you sure about that?

---------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Well it appears to have resolved the OP's issue!

0 Kudos
naga2005
Joining in
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Infact I had tried to access that page with the work VPN and without the work VPN. Both ways I had no choices available to disable the advanced search.

0 Kudos
jjc001
Joining in
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I've tried turning this off via https://my.virginmedia.com/advancederrorsearch/ but it will not turn off, anybody worked out how to do this?

0 Kudos