cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Making it very difficult to cancel - frustration

paula12
Joining in

I'd like to share my recent experience with trying to cancel my service, and I must say, it's been far from a smooth process, indeed a really pissing and frustrating experience. An agent finished the call after one hour and 30 minutes of waiting and providing information to him!! The sad part is that they don't provide their names and the process needs to be repeated every time, and they finish. And every day missing is another day with the stupid contract with this unuseful company. 

To summarise, I called three times, 1 hour 13, 1 hour 30 and 18 minutes, in this last call the agent asked me many questions, transferred me and the call was immediately finished. Every time, they ask the same stupid questions.

I would like to know what you did regarding this issue, it is very frustrating. 

4 REPLIES 4

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Whilst waiting for a response do consider reporting your experience to Ofcom here Monitoring form | Ofcom

FYI Ofcom investigates Virgin Media over customer difficulties cancelling contracts - Ofcom

Client62
Legend

By far the best option is to .. Cancel by signed for letter :
https://www.virginmedia.com/help/cancel-virgin-media

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

This is almost unbelievable. 

Weeks after the regulator OFCOM has started an investigation in the difficulties people have had in closing their contracts with Virginmedia, VM are STILL blocking customers' efforts to leave!

It's about time that this company was forced to stop treating its customers like (deleted). 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Tom_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @paula12 thanks for your post here in the Community although we're sorry to hear of the concerns you've raised here.

We can appreciate this experience has been frustrating for you and please accept our apologies for this.

We can see though that over the bank holiday weekend, you have since got this resolved but if you do need any further help then please don't hesitate to let us know.

Many thanks

Tom_W