Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Major break with Broadband, engineer constantly cancelled by Virgin

Hi,

For the last 8 weeks, every single day ... the broadband drops completely for between 30 minutes and 10 hours. Even when Virgin don’t have issues in the area, this happens.

I have spent over 10 hours this week on hold on your helpline and still the issue has not been resolved. Virgin haven’t even sent an engineer to see what is wrong.

I had eventually gotten to book an engineer to inspect it tomorrow but Virgin cancelled it, even though the problem remains.

It could be pure coincidence, but the house we are neighboured with had been vacant until recently. I have wondered whether their line being set-up has resulted in ours being disrupted.

Please help!

Blair

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Major break with Broadband, engineer constantly cancelled by Virgin

Engineers are cancelled if there is an area issue.

Have you checked the service status page for known issues?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Gary, Thanks for your message. There is a fresh area issue this morning. There was a different issue yesterday, which I was told had been fixed. However, there were no area issues on Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday this week... But my broadband was down all of those days. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Ok. The issue today will have a fix time, but note that it is an estimate only. 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Gary,

The area fixes have never fixed the issue with my own Broadband. An engineer worked on our line during the summer and ever since then, it has not worked, even when there are no issues in the area.

Please can you help.

Blair

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Can you set up a Broadband Quality Monitor (BQM) at thinkbroadband.com - this will give you an insight into what is happening with the signal at the other side of the Hub, it will take a few hours to get any kind of trend showing although you should post the link straight away.

Post a 'Live Link' to your BQM on here.

Instructions for posting BQM Link

Under your BQM graph are two links in red.

Click the lower link (Share Live Graph) then click generate.

Copy the text in the Direct Link box, beware, there may be more text than you can see.

On here click the Link icon (2 links chain to the left of the camera icon)

In the URL box paste the link you copied and in the ‘text to display’ box write My BQM then click OK - you can post the link straight away.

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Semi-Retired Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - Mike Robbo
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Can you please

Type 192.168.0.1 (192.168.100.1 in Modem mode) into your browser URL bar and press enter. 

Hub 2 & 3 When the page appears DO NOT LOG IN but click ‘Check Router Status’.

Hub 4 When the page appears LOG IN then click ‘Check Router Status’.

Copy and paste the contents of the Downstream, Upstream, Configuration and Network Log tabs onto here, if you get a yellow / straw box warning click the Post button again. Use one post for each tab if you wish.

Please do not use screen grabs.

A Guru will be along soon to decipher the info.

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Semi-Retired Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - Mike Robbo
0 Kudos