cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Major Issues with high latency

Jadohajo
Tuning in

Good evening, 

I am really running out of options and although my last post did not get a response I am hoping if I add some more detail someone will be able to help me. 

Currently when playing games, I am experiencing huge latency issues with 70% of the time having one bar on wired internet connection. everything in the game will freeze while I am continuing and then cut back like it never happened (I believe this is latency, I am not great with networking). I all my teams calls at home are lagging massively and even apps like discord everything just keeps cutting out and in all of the time. 

I have only noticed this since moving over to gig1 and after calling virgin today told that it could be a cable issue. Then after trying 3 different cables on 3 different devices, I am still getting the same issue. I have sometimes where it may be okay for 20-30 minutes but after that is followed by 20-30minutes of unusable internet. (Virgin said everything looks okay on their end) 

Any help on this would be massively appreciated as I am really running out of options and currently am paying a lot of money per month for a service that does not seem to be working. 

For anyone that knows all of this stuff I will post BQM for today. 

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/57830981a2c061c132867199408d862ee4bc321b-26-09-2022

Thank you, 

Joey

2 REPLIES 2

seunje
Dialled in

Looking at your BQM it does look like worst nightmare for anyone playing realtime games online.

This is how my internet was for most days since July 15th 2022 (more than two months now)

there used to be slightly better days, but I just resolved to using tethered 4G for everything (I don't need very good latency, just something that doesn't affect Zoom calls much).

I think whether your issue gets addressed is a matter of luck with Virgin Media.

They themselves have no clue when or how they will fix the problems I am getting, which seem to be worse than yours

Sad that this has to be the case,

Thanks for helping anyway.