Menu
PM55
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Mac has no internet

My mac is connected to the wifi but has no Internet. It only happens with my Macbook

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Mac has no internet

Does it work on a wired connection?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Is the Macbook in the DHCP/DNS "range" for your router

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
PM55
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Yes, and it only happens with my modem (hub 3). I have used another wifi and all works perfectly.

I restored the modem, rebooted everything. Deleted my wifi settings, I’ve tried it all! It’s driving me crazy, I cannot longer work from home.

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

As a workaround until its sorted, you could connect the Macbook to the Hub on an ethernet cable. I connect my 3 Macbooks that way from time to time.

You could also try this it may well help sort the issue.

Type in  http://192.168.0.1  into your web browser’s url box and login with settings password on the Hub's base sticker (or your own if you changed it). Then in Advanced>wireless>smart wifi - tick the disable “channel optimisation” box and save settings.  Then, go to advanced>wireless>security, rename the 2.4 & 5 GHz network ssid's.  Just change 'em in the boxes to whatever you like and something that will differentiate them (e.g - xxxxx_2 & xxxxx_5) -- use the same password for simplicity,  Then, apply settings and restart the Hub.  Your 2 wifi networks will now be clearly separated - and you can then select the network you want to connect to individually from the "available networks" list on each device. 

Note all your wifi devices will need re-connecting to the new SSID's and passwords.

5 GHz is always better/faster and subject to less interference (and is better for iDevices ) than the 2.4 one - although the 2.4 one has the better "range" and some older/cheaper/dumber devices can only use this one. 

You should also use a wifi analyser App to check which 2.4 channels are being heavily used around you and move yours to one of numbers 1,6,11 that is least so, but it wont help if there is other interference.

See if these changes help - you will lose any “seamless roaming” benefits but it may not matter and you can always change the settings back by doing a " pinhole factory reset " if you prefer the way it was - or it doesn’t help.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
Natalie_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi PM55, 

Welcome to the Community and thanks for posting. 

I am sorry to hear you are having issues when using your MacBook via WiFi. 

I just wanted to check in and see if you have been able to try the suggestions made by Jbrennand?

If so, has this helped at all?

If not please do let us know and we will do our best to assist further. 

Nat 

Nat
0 Kudos