cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

M600 - speed query

nashbeach
Dialled in

Is the Broadband package I am on, my ethernet speed is slower than my wifi speed on my phone, on test today wired Ethernet speed was 265.92 Mb/s on my laptop and phone wifi speed 275 Mb/s.

Should my ethernet speed be higher and should my Hub be outputting a higher speed than it is and the speed readings have been around these readings since I was boosted from M500 quite a while ago ?

My Hub is connected via Ethernet to a V6 box and a seperate WIFI router so does this affect speed as it's shared ?

[MOD EDIT: Subject title changed for clarity]

56 REPLIES 56

What is Virgin IE ?

I really don't know what Virgin IE is !!!

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for coming back to us @nashbeach

Virgin media IE is virgin media Ireland. 

However, I have been able to check & you are not. 

Please can you confirm if your hub is in router mode or modem mode? 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

I'm not sure, possibly Modem mode as I have a router next to it as I got better speeds from a seperate router, how do I check ?

Hi nashbeach,

Thanks for coming back to us. Remotely checking the systems from our end, it doesn't seem that you are in modem mode. Can we ask how your speeds have been since you last posted?

Are you still getting slower speeds on a wired connection through our router?

Kind regards Jodi. 

My wired speed from the Hub is slower by approx 100gb than when I started this thread, I used a wired test from my seperate TP Link wifi router and the speed was about 100gb higher than the Hub I tested a few minutes earlier and the router feed is wired from the Hub !!!

Then I tested the WIFI on my phone using the 5g from the TP link router and it was the fastest of all at 306gb !!!

I must say I'm a bit confused at the different speeds as I would have thought the fastest speed should be wired from the Hub and it's the slowest !

I also dont understand how the router gives me higher speeds on WIFI and wired Ethernet when it's fed by the Hub !!!

Hi nashbeach thanks for getting back to us.

I am sorry to hear your slower speeds are continuing.  We've looked from our side and cannot find anything that would explain these seeds.  How have things been since posting?

Regards

Lee_R

How do I change the hub to just modem mode ?

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @nashbeach

Here is a link for the webpage - 'Hub modem mode' I hope this helps.

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

I put it in modem mode only but my TP wifi router couldn't connect and I couldn't get even a ethernet connection from the Virgin hub so I have put the Virgin hub back to wifi mode and it's connected everything back up again, if the Virgin hub is in modem mode only does it put out a faster ethernet speed if it works as it may be worth me having another go ?