Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

M500 very slow speed and cant get hold of technician

HI,

I switched from M350 to M500 last month and ever since my speed has dropped to an average of 20-28MPS although I have had a couple of days as high as 180. 2 engineers have come out. The first checked everything inside my property and confirmed everything was fine. the second checked my connection between the box at the end of my rd and my property and again said everything was fine and said that it is obviously a network issue and that someone would be in touch. that was 3 weeks ago. I have tried several times to call and have been stuck on queues varying from 1 hour to 1.5 hours for the tech team. There is no way to contact the tech team other than through the usual  numbers. What is so frustrating is that there is no email address I can write to. Does anybody have a contact email address please?  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: M500 very slow speed and cant get hold of technician

Have you checked the 'Check Service Status' at the top of the page ?

If nothing is showing try phoning 0800 561 0061, this will tell you of more local issues that may be affecting your district. Be aware that it isn't a manned line.

Go round all the accessible internal and external co-ax connections and ensure that they are finger tight.

If everything above is OK we need do some more troubleshooting; to start with …

Can you set up a Broadband Quality Monitor (BQM) at thinkbroadband.com - this will give you an insight into what is happening with the signal at the other side of the Hub, it will take a few hours to get any kind of trend showing although you should post the link straight away.

Post a link to your BQM on here.

Instructions for posting BQM Link

Under your BQM graph are two links in red.

Click the lower link (Share Live Graph) then click generate.

Copy the text in the Direct Link box, beware, there may be more text than you can see.

On here click the Link icon (2 links chain to the left of the camera icon)

In the URL box paste the link you copied and in the ‘text to display’ box write My BQM then click OK - you can post the link straight away.

Then

Can you please

Type 192.168.0.1 (192.168.100.1 in Modem mode) into your browser URL bar and press enter. 

Hub 2 & 3 When the page appears DO NOT LOG IN but click ‘Check Router Status’.

Hub 4 When the page appears LOG IN then click ‘Check Router Status’.

Copy and paste the contents of the Downstream, Upstream and Network Log tabs onto here, if you get a yellow warning click the Post button again. Use one post for each tab if you wish. Please do not use screen grabs.

A Guru will be along soon to decipher the info.

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Semi-Retired Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - Mike Robbo
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: M500 very slow speed and cant get hold of technician

Are those wired or wireless speeds?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos