Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

M350 wifi very slow

Hi. My new M350 broadband was super slow on some devices, some times. Done all the reboot stuff etc and factory reset. Logged into the hub and split the signals and renamed them as recommended on some threads. Now my 5Ghz ready devices are fine, but the 2Ghz is utterly appalling. 4.33Mbps on one, 83Mbps on another. Any ideas really appreciated.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: M350 wifi very slow

What do you get wired to the hub?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

77.11Mbs wired to hub. Slower than 5GHZ WiFi bafflingly.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Mate, you're not the only one I recently upgraded from m100 to m350 package at first I was getting 250 to 290 Started to notice extreme lag checked my speed got around 80mb from there on its giving me a maximum of 150mb if I’m lucky off-peak hours it’s running under 100mb ridiculous! I was getting better speeds at m100

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

It’s ridiculous and shouldn’t be required but I’ve forked our for a good new router which will arrive on Wednesday to use in conjunction with the hub3 in ‘modem mode’. Quite a few threads on here suggest that as the solution. I’ll let you know how it goes but I resent the additional outlay. 

Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Modem Mode is the way to go regardless.

Also if there is an underlying issue then getting new router won’t fix the issue.

Posting some stats from the hub would help - please post the Network, Upstream and Downstream logs from the hubs admin pages 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos