cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

M250 broadband

peterpilling98
Joining in

Just signed up to this service and it's absolutely awful, I use a wired connection to a Blu-ray player and watch Netflix through this. 

I can't even watch one film without this losing connection what an absolute waste of money

7 REPLIES 7

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi peterpilling98 

Have you tried a different ethernet cable?    Is it any better if you connect via wifi?

Do you have any problems, wired or wireless with any other equipment?

What are you speeds using a wired connection to a PC or laptop using https://samknows.com/realspeed/  ?

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

peterpilling98
Joining in

Getting over 235 mbs the internet drops out across all device's WiFi and wired and Virgin won't even respond 

Hello peterpilling98

We're sorry to hear of the connection issues experienced with your broadband service, we appreciate you taking the time to raise this via the forums and welcome to the community.

From checking the connection and equipment, everything looks to be within the levels and ranges we'd expect to see with no current area issues. Have you been able to check for area issues here when the service drops?

Rob

peterpilling98
Joining in

Only just signed up and the broadband is awful, always dropping out

Hi peterpilling98,

Can you confirm if you've been able to run through the checks online via the link we gave?

Alex_Rm

Yes been through the checks several times 

Hi peterpilling98 👋

Thanks for confirming. I've taken another look at things on our side, and cannot see anything out of specification, but I can see that there is currently a known problem in your area. The details are below.

Fault Type: SNR (Signal-To-Noise) - You might find that your Virgin Fibre, Voice and Virgin TV services are intermittent, with the picture freezing or disappearing now and then. 

Fault Reference: F010968064

Estimated Fix Time: 28 SEP 2023 18:00

Our teams are working as quickly as possible to resolve this issue, and we're very sorry for any inconvenience caused. You can also continue to track updates on this issue by calling 📞 0800 561 0061, which is an automated service status line.

Regards,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ