Menu
kanwargur
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Low signal strength & low speed

I had an engineer visit 2 weeks back as the Internet speed & wifi signal strength was getting lower daily .He checked the hub & all wiring and confirmed there was outrage on the street .He could not rectified it as it was job of another team .The issue still carry on & the speed & coverage is gone more down .We have lived in here with same connection over 5 years and there is nothing new for broadband not to work properly. Current speed are attached below along with our package. 

Screenshot_20210127-203541_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20210127-195626_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20210127-200309_Chrome.jpg

I need this fixed soon as its been far too long 

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Low signal strength & low speed

If its a known problem affecting others it will show on the Area status webpage" (link at top right of this forum), also try the “free & automated” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually tells you of more local issues down to postcode level. These may not be listed on the Area Status web page (Areas are not “Geographic” they are billing areas) as that usually only covers faults affecting 1000’s of customers) so phone may give you more info, but even that may not cover problems affecting a few customers.

Try them both first and report back.

Also are your issues and speedtests done on a wifi connection? Have you tried any ethernet cable connected devices?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
kanwargur
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

There is no issues in the area as per virgin media website and also the number you have quoted .

All the devices have been used on WiFi all these years & ethernet is not the viable way to work in our house .

What's next i need to do ? 

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I am not suggesting you work on ethernet connections (although for best connection and stability you should) I am saying can you test on one just for a few hours whilst the wifi ones are problematic?

If they remain stable and solid then that strongly suggests youe issues are just wifi related and that requires yo to do (a) - if they drop too then you need to do (b).

So I am just trying to ascertain whether its (a) or (b) you need.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos