Menu
wibblypiggly
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Lost all my Google home stuff on hub3

• Hiya everyone,

I'm new here and I'm hoping I'm in the right place to get some help. 

I am disabled and have restricted mobility so I have a miriad of Google home powered appliances to help me not need to keep getting up and down.

Yesterday all of a sudden everything stopped working. My Google hubs work fine and still answer questions and play music etc but they no longer connect to any of the plugs or light switches etc. 

I have tried getting a new tp link in case it had died but my other half has tried that today and still can't get anything to work. Does anyone have any ideas what it could be?

Thanks in advance 

Jay 

0 Kudos
legacy1
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Lost all my Google home stuff on hub3

A tp link router what model?

You need to use modem mode and setup everything on the router.

---------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
wibblypiggly
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hiya,

Not sure what you mean about modem mode etc but I followed advice from another post and simply disabled the 5ghz in my hub settings and hey presto everything works again now. The tp link connected instantly and all my switches and plugs came back online 😁👍

0 Kudos
Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi there @wibblypiggly 

Thank you so much for your post and I am so sorry to hear this happened and thank you for letting us know! 

I'm glad to hear disabling the 5ghz had helped, is everything else running OK after changing this? 

Ash_C
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
wibblypiggly
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hiya,

Yes, everything is working fine now the 5ghz is disabled. I have no idea what suddenly changed overnight to make it all incompatible but it's working now so problem solved 

Thanks 

Jay

0 Kudos
Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

That's great to hear and thank you so much again for letting us know! Please don't hesitate to get back in touch should you require any further assistance. 

Thank you. 

Ash_C
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos