Menu
Barzey
Dialled in
Message 21 of 74
Flag for a moderator

Re: Loss of internet/very poor customer service

Many thanks Zak_M for that information. But why on earth does the VM Webpage (Logged in) 'Status Checks' say there isn't/wasn't and on the very rare occasions I have actually been able to speak to someone, staff all vary between the info they give as well? It really does seem that the Left hand doesn't know what the Right hand is doing leaving people like us stuck in the middle of a vacuum.

If there is a chance, can you possibly please confirm my appointment for tomorrow, it would be gratefully appreciated?

0 Kudos
Zak_M
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 22 of 74
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for coming back to me. 

I am truly sorry that you have had this experience, It is far below the level of service that we aim to provide, I will pass this feedback on to our management team in the hope we are able to improve on this. 

I have had another look and I can't see that there is an appointment booked for tomorrow, was this with regards to your broadband services? 

Kind regards,

Zak_M 

Barzey
Dialled in
Message 23 of 74
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for getting back on this, YES it most certainly was about Broadband indeed. I have a lists of texts on my phone confirming it all to me that was sent on Friday 12th at 19:49

0 Kudos
Zak_M
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 24 of 74
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for coming back to me. 

I am unsure why this is showing as there is nothing on the account. 

I have taken the opportunity to rebook this for your next available appointment, You are able to find the time and date via your online account. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M   

Barzey
Dialled in
Message 25 of 74
Flag for a moderator

Just looked and found it thanks Zak. You are a Diamond amongst a pile of Grit my friend. Incidentally there is still no mention of that 'Problem in my area' you mentioned earlier. But my most grateful thanks for helping, truly appreciated.
0 Kudos
Zak_M
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 26 of 74
Flag for a moderator

No problem at all @Barzey

If you do require any further assistance then please do let us know, hopefully the engineer will be able to get this resolved upon his arrival.

Kind regards,

Zak_M 

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 27 of 74
Flag for a moderator

As Zak has said there is a known utilisation issue inn your location, you may want to read Andruser's comments on a similar issue in this thread - in message 4

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Networking-and-WiFi/Jitter-and-latency/m-p/4609932#M378967

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
Barzey
Dialled in
Message 28 of 74
Flag for a moderator

Yes thank you Zak (Will do) & jbrennand, I had a read of the link above and yes I agree with the ideas and suggestions on it. The Cable company has been using those 'Tricks' for years it seems. Incidentally the speeds remained bad until 01:30 hrs this morning; it was still bad 30-40 minutes before that. It seems that an awful lot of people in my area must have been up longer than usual last night playing their Games, Watching TV etc.
At the moment they have the Pandemic to lay the blame on for their poor services and support for sure. Its a wonder they haven't tried to blame 'Brexit' for it too or perhaps we have that to come.

I will keep everyone posted as to what actually happens on the proposed Engineers visit booked for Friday 19th February. Thanks to everyone for all their input

0 Kudos
Cfrancis
Tuning in
Message 29 of 74
Flag for a moderator

Sorry, I don't want my complaint and issue being lost in this thread. 

A virgin engineer is out to me now and didn't k ow what the issue was with my Internet. The most I can tell him is that the outside cable is broken because that's what the first engineer told me. I would have thought they talk to each other. 

I told him I thought it was a two man job as there were 2 technicians that came last time from Kelly electronics, who were contracted out by virgin. He didn't know about this. 

When I booked this technician the CS rep assured me he would put notes on my account to let other departments know what the problem was and that he understood what the issue was, which I repeated to him many times, this seems not to be the case. 

The engineer out now has given a date of 20th February booking to fix my issue. I have no knowledge of this date as per usual I've had no contact from virgin. 

I will update you with how he fairs, but if the problem can't be fixed expect another call of complaint 

0 Kudos
Barzey
Dialled in
Message 30 of 74
Flag for a moderator

Sorry to read that. What a Crew they are. Must say it doesn't surprise me at all with their given record. I have absolutely no faith in them at all quite honestly

0 Kudos