cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loss of Service - limited

kenilworthham19
Tuning in

Following the outage Tues-Wed 4/5th April - had poor service very intermittent with Hub constantly dropping signal. Engineer came, replaced Hub 4 - service doesn’t drop nearly as much but internet connection poor and insufficient to use for work (virtual desktop) as a result had to use mobile phone personal hotspot to work at all. 

He said it required external cable upgrade - couldn’t say when it would happen and I can’t get any update on when it might occur.

TV similarly blighted - can’t get any on demand - search facility just channels 

There are other issues for another rant (ordered 360 and signed up to new contract including O2 - nothing arrived - told by customer service I had a “software” upgrade and no replacement of my 4 TiVo boxes) but as a loyal customer going back to Blueyonder days the lack of service sucks and I will be kicking this contract into touch unless I can get some clarity as to when/where I will get anything like the service my £160 odd quid a month is supposed to be delivering. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi kenilworthham19,

Thank you for your post. I'm very sorry to hear about the issue with your service.

I have taken a look on our side and it looks as though you have spoken with the team recently. 

Have you been advised with regards to how to proceed with this?

^Martin

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

10 REPLIES 10

kenilworthham19
Tuning in

As a sub issue my Hive, Ring, Alexa, smart plugs all stuffed. Back to the Stone Age 

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@kenilworthham19 wrote:

Following the outage Tues-Wed 4/5th April - had poor service very intermittent with Hub constantly dropping signal. Engineer came, replaced Hub 4 - service doesn’t drop nearly as much but internet connection poor and insufficient to use for work (virtual desktop) as a result had to use mobile phone personal hotspot to work at all. 

He said it required external cable upgrade - couldn’t say when it would happen and I can’t get any update on when it might occur.

TV similarly blighted - can’t get any on demand - search facility just channels 

There are other issues for another rant (ordered 360 and signed up to new contract including O2 - nothing arrived - told by customer service I had a “software” upgrade and no replacement of my 4 TiVo boxes) but as a loyal customer going back to Blueyonder days the lack of service sucks and I will be kicking this contract into touch unless I can get some clarity as to when/where I will get anything like the service my £160 odd quid a month is supposed to be delivering. 

Hi @kenilworthham19 

The engineer replaced your hub4, your new hub will therefore have a  different SSID (WiFi network name) and WiFi password compared to the old hub.

Have you changed the those details on the devices that aren't connecting, including the TV?

If not you should either do so now, or do it the easy way and change the new hubs network name and password details to match those of your old hub.

You mentioned 4 Tivo boxes. Tivo boxes can't be updated to 360 boxes, they need to be physically swapped out for new 360 boxes. If that's the case you would have one main 360 box which contains a hard drive, the others would be swapped out for 360 mini boxes which don't have a hard drive, so you would be losing recording storage.

Hopefully you have V6 boxes which run on the Tivo interface.  They would receive an over the air software update to convert them to 360 boxes. If that's the case yuo would retain the recording storage ability on those boxes, although as part of the uprgrade process you would loose all current recordings and series links on those boxes.  You should be sent 360 remote controls which are used  during the upgrade process, and not new boxes.

Unless VM have recently changed direction in the availablity of 360 boxes then the most you can have are 3 boxes per household.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Dave 

thank you for your fulsome response and information. I have a Deco Mesh that connects to my VM box and all smart related stuff connects to the Deco. There simply isn’t enough bandwidth hence loss of service etc

the 360 element - thanks again for the explanation - my issue is that I have had no information about the software process of upgrading (I still have TiVo recordings etc) and there is no outstanding order for remotes - so I’m in the dark as to what has occurred.

no communication at all as to when the cable upgrade will occur - my wife is going spare as she depends on it for work and it’s all thru personal hotspot at the moment - so as Diana Ross succinctly put it - I’m still waiting 

regards 

Rob

Hi kenilworthham19,

Thank you for your post. I'm very sorry to hear about the issue with your service.

I have taken a look on our side and it looks as though you have spoken with the team recently. 

Have you been advised with regards to how to proceed with this?

^Martin

Martin

the last person I spoke to was the Engineer - no I’ve not been updated or spoken to anyone as to progress or when service will be resumed

regards

rob

Hi Rob 👋.

Thanks for reaching out to us, and apologies in the delays to responding. Is this still an ongoing issue or do you require further assistance?

Keep us updated.

Sabrina

Sabrina

an ongoing issue where I still have no update as to when the cable replacement will occur.

service has been slightly better but Wi-Fi intermittent 

regards

Rob 

IMG_8648.png

Thanks for coming back to us kenilworthham19. I'm sorry to hear of your ongoing issues, how has your service been running since Monday?

Also, I would be able to assist in letting you know the date of your visit, if you dont already know the date. Please let me know and we can look into this but we would need to do that via private message to confirm your details and pass account security.

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

Hi

im getting a workable service but Wi-Fi is still flaky. So definitely better - I’ll pm as requested

regards Rob