Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Loose Wifi every Saturday evening for the whole evening.

For about 2 months now I loose all streaming capabilites every Saturday evening. I can't watch any streaming TV service at all. During the week  I am constantly getting "network unstable" messages when I'm attending all those Zoom sessions for work.

I tried calling customer services but there's no person on the end of the phone, just recorded messages. I have rebooted all my equipment, and I do have wifi boosters. There is one right next to the TV.

Anyone got any helpful advice. 

0 Kudos
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Loose Wifi every Saturday evening for the whole evening.

What is your connection like using a direct connection with a Cat 5E or better cable between the Hub and a 1Gbs capable Pc/Mac/Chromebook and no other devices connected ?

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Semi-Retired Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - Mike Robbo
0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

That's fine, no problem there.
0 Kudos
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Download and install a program called inSSIDer by Meta Geek.

This will give you an insight to all the Wi-Fi broadcasts that your computer can see. Have a look to see if there are any external broadcasts overlapping your Hub broadcasts, if there are log into the Hub and move your broadcasts to 'cleaner' channels.

On Saturday evenings check to see if there is a new SSID broadcasting.

On the lamppost next to my house there is a local authority / police CCTV Camera that sends my Hub 3 Wi-Fi into a total meltdown during operation.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Just a few things that can affect Wi-Fi in the average home …

Mirrors, furniture, fish tanks, people, radiators, walls (some more than others), cordless phones, baby monitors, microwave ovens, fridges & freezers, TVs, next doors Wi-Fi and Wi-Fi equipment, DAB transmitters, the list is endless.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Many people have accepted that the VM Wi-Fi is poor and have purchased third party equipment that is much, much more powerful than the VM supplied kit and once set up have wondered why they waited for so long.

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Semi-Retired Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - Mike Robbo
0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thank you. That's a lot to do, but I'll give it a go!

0 Kudos