cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loose Connection Lights on Hub

KIXbyJME
Joining in

Hi there, I am having an issue with getting my router up and running after changing address. WiFi light is green and power light flashing green, I have tried multiple variations of things to resolve this myself but no luck. Please can someone get in touch regarding this as soon as possible as I need the WiFi for my business at home. 

Thanks in advance.

Jamie.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Shroko
Superfast

I assume you've asked VM to transfer your service to the new address and they agreed to it being activated today?

A signal needs to be sent to your router for it to activate. This is done automatically these days. In some cases it can fail. 

Call VM and select the option to "activate your equipment" it's an automated process. 

If it still does not work, ensure all the connections are secured tightly. If you still have no luck, there may be an issue with the cabling in the property or to the property. 

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

Shroko
Superfast

I assume you've asked VM to transfer your service to the new address and they agreed to it being activated today?

A signal needs to be sent to your router for it to activate. This is done automatically these days. In some cases it can fail. 

Call VM and select the option to "activate your equipment" it's an automated process. 

If it still does not work, ensure all the connections are secured tightly. If you still have no luck, there may be an issue with the cabling in the property or to the property. 

Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Jamie,

Thanks for posting and welcome to our community 🙂

Sorry for any confusion regarding the set-up of your account, I've been able to locate your account using your forum information and can see you've been able to speak to someone regarding this.

If you do still need help with anything please let us know.

Alex_Rm

Hi Alex, thank you for your reply.

Yes I have spoken to someone to send a signal to the router, waited over 24 hours to see if it would activate the router and its still the same. Checked the status of my service online and it is saying I haven't setup my box properly, which I have, followed all instructions and triple checked all cables were secure so I'm not sure if I will need an engineer to come out.

Kind regards,

Jamie

Hi KIXbyJME

Thanks for coming back to us. 

It'll need a tech visit so I'll PM you now.

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill