Menu
ConfusedUser123
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Looking ‘upgrade’

Hi,

When I ordered my ‘Ultimate Ommph’ bundle ‘my’ M500 line was downgraded to M200 as the M500 wasn’t available in my area.

Now less than a month later (install was Dec 18th) Virgin are offering 1gb.

A friend who lives a few doors away got his M500 line installed three days after me.

So my question, will I be able to get my M200 upgraded to the M500 I’m paying for (FOC)?

Also, the wifi signal is rubbish, the worst I’ve ever had. I’m unable to order the booster through the app, it says it’s free with my package but the final continue button doesn’t work when trying to order. I can get as far as choosing delivery but no way to proceed past it. On a call to a rep was informed it’s not part of my package. So she wouldn’t order me one (FOC).
Just looking to extend the range a bit, not looking great speeds in the bedroom.

Anyone else had the same problem trying to order one on the app?

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Looking ‘upgrade’

You’ll need to phone and ask about the speed increase.

Likewise you’ll need to phone and ask about being sent the new Wifi pods they’ve released to replace the boosters with.

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
ConfusedUser123
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Looking ‘upgrade’

First angry sounding lady told me I wasn’t due an upgrade and wasn’t eligible for the ‘boosters’. Though they are supposed to be free for Ultimate Ommph and Gig customers. She said I’m not able to get the M500 either (FOC).

She then said she’d transfer me to the ‘Ultimate Ommph’ team. Think it was just to the back of the queue for someone else who hates their job to deal with. Either way, they hung up on me.

1hour and 42mins well spent. 

BB89655B-943D-4F6F-A15B-BFB6FCFA5B0A.jpeg

0 Kudos