Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Line Stability

Hi, I appear to forever be faced with stability issues. Whether i'm playing games online or trying to work. Tests seem to stipulate the line is fine but even cabled into the router some online games stutter intermittently. 

Calling the helpdesk is pointless as I can't get through. Anyone got some pointers or areas I could start looking?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Well-informed
Message 2 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Re: Line Stability

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/

Is a good place to start to gather 'evidence' of your connections stability. Once you have a good few hours of info post back. 

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 17
Flag for a moderator

I've had that monitoring a while now, basically everyday i've got packets dropping left right and center

Annotation 2020-06-07 122849.jpg

D_K_0-1591531083921.png

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 4 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Continuing issues today. Whats the best way to get the attention of someone @VirginMedia?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 5 of 17
Flag for a moderator

You’ll need to wait for a mod to pick this post up.

Bumping it will push it to the bottom of the to-do list. 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 6 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Gary, wasn't a bump as much as i'm simply trying to get some support in any way I possibly can. Line has been almost unusable today. 

Annotation 2020-06-08 161243.jpg

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hi D_K

Thanks for posting. Apologies for the broadband issues. There is an SNR (signal to noise ratio) issue in the area affecting the service. F008106089 is the reference. The estimated fix date is the 15th June 2020.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 8 of 17
Flag for a moderator

thanks for the response John. Great to hear its getting fixed but how long has this incident been going on for? 

Looking back over the last few months of logs it appears this issues has dated back quite some time just not quite to the severity it's currently at. 

I'm willing to bet even once the incident is resolved i'm going to have trouble. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hi D_K

Thanks for coming back to me. Apologies for the delayed reply. This ticket has been opened since the 8th June 2020. The estimated fix date hasn't changed so still tomorrow. If you do get further issues please let me know and I'll be more than happy to assist 

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 10 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hi John,

I believe the issue was due to be fixed this morning by 6am. Has the issue been rectified? 

I'm still experiencing the same packet loss an latency on my line. 

Thanks

0 Kudos