Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Limiting speed for users

Due to covid and more people being at home my home broadband frequently gets hammered.

I have 2 teenage children at home who regularly streaming catch up tv or videos from the internet - usually on iphones or tablets.

I also have 3 google hubs attached and I work from home and need good internet access to do my job.

I have a 200mb connection.

I think i need a new router that has QOS and can also limit the devices by mac address so that i can put the teenagers tablets down the priority list over my laptop so that i dont have issues but which is the best recommened way to go.

I have seen on here users talking about ubiquiti but I would need to ensure that wifi is kept working?

Does anyone have a recommendation, I was also thinking the netgear nighthawks series but I keep reading that they crash?

Tags (4)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superfast
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Limiting speed for users

are you technically mined? because if you aren't then avoid uniquit kit. it requires a certain level of networking knowledge to configure it, it's not a "plug and play" system like an ISP supplied router.

what's your budget?

-----------------------------------------------------------

My Broadband Ping - spgray

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Limiting speed for users

I have been around computer for years so fairly technical but my budget I am happy to spend up to £150 to sort this.

thanks

Phil

0 Kudos