Menu
Adz21
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Lights on, nobodies home

Hi

Having issues with my superhub 2, lights indicate that 5g and 2.4g is active but devices say no internet. Switching to 2.4g says password not recognised. I called the helpline yesterday and they said that due to covid there are no spare hubs available and because there is no issue with the connection into the house they cannot do anything? Not sure this is the best customer service? Other posters seem to have had this issue and were sent a new hub to try? Any chance I can have one too? Pretty please?

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Lights on, nobodies home

Have you tried pinhole resetting the SH2 and see if that clears it?

The Hubs are in short supply at the moment (nothing to do with the standard Covid excuse mind) so are reluctant to swap unless the old Hub is faulty.

If you connect a device by ethernet cable are there any issues then - or is it just wifi?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
Adz21
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

thanks, as soon as it goes again I’ll give it a try and let you know.

0 Kudos
Adz21
Tuning in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Right so I’ve reset (twice now) seems to last approx 90mins before dropping out again and requiring another reset. However if hardwired to a laptop it’s fine, so it appears to be the Wi-fi transmission itself, any other clues? TIA

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

As its a SH2 you are due a free upgrade to the Hub3 anyway so worth trying that again first. But as you have discovered, VM are loathe to just give them out to customers with a functional SH2 - so your best option is to call it in as a fault and tell them its faulty and see if that gets you anywhere.

Call it in on 150 (VM Phone - free) or 0345 454 1111 (any other phone - national rate). Calling at 08.00 midweek (09.00 Sun) is the best time to get through quickly. Although some people are still reporting getting through fine at other times with no long waits

I still use the SH2 but always have had it in modem mode with my own router and wireless equipment and that still works perfectly - you could consider that as your ethernet connections are still all fine

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
Adz21
Tuning in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Top man, thank you sir.

0 Kudos
Molly_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi @Adz21

Thanks for your post last week and welcome to the forums!

I'm sorry you were experiencing WiFi issues recently. I've just taken a quick look into the account using the details you've registered to forums with and can see that you've followed John's advice and managed to get a Hub 3 on the way successfully. Hope you see the improvement after this upgrade 🙂

Feel free to drop back if you need any help or advice in the future! 

Thanks, 

Molly_G
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos