cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lighting completely fried router and set top box

Loulou2022
Joining in

How do I get virgin media customer services to understand that I need new replacements asap. I have made two calls now just for them to ask the same questions regarding the lights on the box ect ect. There are none it is completely dead. Told a technician will call within 4 hours, didn’t call. So I called back and was told to wait for a call, no time frame nothing. Told it’s just a minor issue, if it’s minor would it not be fixed and please do inform my boss this too as I’m now unable to work I’m sure he will see that as minor too. 

4 REPLIES 4

g0akc
Problem sorter

Lighting fried the box - do you mean lightning - as in your Virgin Kit has been struck by lightning?

Call in again and try to explain.  Maybe try the 'retentions' people by saying you are thinking of leaving?

Otherwise wait here for a forum rep to come along.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I know a bit about Wi-Fi, Telecoms, and TV as I used to do it for a living but I'm not perfect so don't beat me up... If you make things you make mistakes!

Yes I mean lightning, it struck our neighbours house completely knocked out our electric and everything in the room nearest to where the bolt hit all plugged in appliances are fried tvs, games consoles thousands of pounds worth of damage.

Made my 3rd call today, keep being told to re set it ect, I really don’t think they understand because they just say we can’t access it to see the problem, well no you can’t because it’s dead!

Finally managed to convince them we needed a technician to come to the house not without them telling me 100 times that I will be charged if there is no issues, I wouldn’t have spent 3 hours on the phone so far if there wasn’t any issue for god sakes.

Another 2 days minimum without internet and still not guaranteed any after as we were told new equipment will need to be ordered if the technician believes they are not fixable. Would of just been quicker for them to send out new equipment in the first place, or maybe booked a technician yesterday when I called. 

I think the biggest insult is telling me it’s only a minor issue, it’s not when myself and my partner are losing 2 days of work, and kids are losing their minds 😂 Can’t even sit down and catch up on a tv show as only recently got sky glass so no Wi-Fi no tv. This school holiday is proving to be eventful! 

Understood 

it might be best that the technician checks all the wiring and so on anyway - and Virgin don’t just send out replacements - they insist their technician checks first.

it is a shame you had so much hassle and frustration getting the visit booked - I guess there’s no script for the scenario 

note there’s no SLA on the residential service covered here - if broadband is critical for work look at getting a VM business line (which my neighbour who works from home has).

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I know a bit about Wi-Fi, Telecoms, and TV as I used to do it for a living but I'm not perfect so don't beat me up... If you make things you make mistakes!

Hi Loulou2022,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, we are sorry to hear you were struck by lighting which has damage most devices in the are including our Router and set top box, did the technician visit your property and get this fixed for you?

Regards

Paul.