forumarchive,nothingtosee,
Menu
stevesmithy
Tuning in
Message 1 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Leaving Virgin

Does anyone know how to leave Virgin? Im done.

0 Kudos
apcyberax
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Re: Leaving Virgin

phone in and give your 30 days notice or cancel by post. Details in the T&C of your contract

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 14
Flag for a moderator

As apcyberax says - note that the VM phone lines had a Tech problem today which they are sorting hopefully today.

So call again tomorrow or whenever - but do it at 08.00 when you should get through ok quickly.

Check you "contract status" first as if you are still within an agreed period - there will be pro-rata disconnection fees to pay unless a recent price hike gives you the get-out of jail free card.    Also there is a 30-day notice period if you have moved onto the rolling 30-day contract.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Has a forum rep replied to you other thread yet?

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Networking-and-WiFi/broadband-dropping/td-p/4574825

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
stevesmithy
Tuning in
Message 5 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Nothing Gary. I've been speaking with BT this evening about moving to them. My job relies on we being online and VM cannot fulfil my requirements. Really poor service.

0 Kudos
apcyberax
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 14
Flag for a moderator

you should get a business connecting with whoever you move to and get a SLA

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Your stats in that thread looked OK - but you didn't post the logs or set up a BQM so we could look at your connection in more detail.

Until we see that data there is nothing to indicate/prove you have a VM network connection rather than just a simple wifi one

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 8 of 14
Flag for a moderator

@stevesmithy wrote:

Nothing Gary. I've been speaking with BT this evening about moving to them. My job relies on we being online and VM cannot fulfil my requirements. Really poor service.

Unless you get a business account with BT there’s no “being online” with them either.

Residential services do not cover business use or loss of monies etc. due to downtime.

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
stevesmithy
Tuning in
Message 9 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi John.

Re "didn't post the logs or set up a BQM ", I did post my upstream and downstream logs as requested by Gary. What other logs are required and what is a BQM?

Do you work for VM?

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 10 of 14
Flag for a moderator

@stevesmithy wrote:

Hi John.

Re "didn't post the logs or set up a BQM ", I did post my upstream and downstream logs

Semantics perhaps - you didn't post the ""Network Logs" just the Up & Down power levels.

@stevesmithy wrote:

what is a BQM?

See below.

@stevesmithy wrote:

Do you work for VM?

No

if you haven’t already, set up a free and secure “Broadband Quality Monitor” to continually monitor the state of your connection and record any true network dropouts , latency issues, packet drops, etc - it will thus allow you to differentiate between those and simple wifi dropouts. It does it 24/7/365 and it keeps a visual record of any/all of your network disconnections, useful data to have to match to the Network logs (in your Hub settings) and also in discussions with VM - note it will take a few hours to start seeing a sensible picture - post up the “link” to the “share live graph” (as per instructions on the TB website) when it starts to develop.

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality

--------------------
John
--------------------

0 Kudos