Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Leaving Virgin

I’ve been trying to leave virgin media broadband for 2 weeks now. Every time I call I get a automated voice who tells me they will send me a text as they are too busy to take a call. These texts have never arrived. I’ve tried messaging them on twitter, the text messaging service. But never get a reply. Can someone help? Stuart 

Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Leaving Virgin

Not in here no.

The retentions team is working and taking calls. 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Having the same issue unfortunately. Understand there is an overload on comms providers and minimal staff due to the pandemic but options such as chat were always a great option. I've been struggling to get through to speak with someone.

Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Call it in -- 08.00 midweek, is the best time - although people are still reporting getting through fine at other times with no long waits. Go to “Retentions” on 150 or 0345 454 1111 - options 1-1-4-4 "Thinking of leaving" when you should get through to the people who can help you cancel.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, that worked, think phoning early as possible helps. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I have being trying to get in touch with virgin for a number of months now. Live chat is a complete waste of time. Someone comes on after about three hours then put you on hold for another department to sort out your problem which will be around another three hours. I had my emails blocked as I was hacked and someone was using my email account to scam people so virgin blocked my emails and they let me know by text message. But you try to get back into your emails. No chance so now I am leaving. Even that is not simple to do. My contract has run out I have already signed up with another company and when my next virgin bill comes I will just cancel my direct debit. That will wake them up. I can understand why things are falling apart for virgin. I would tick email me when I get or if I get a reply but I cannot see my emails. As I cannot get into them

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Good Morning meggermouth,

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums and a very warm welcome to you!

Sorry to see you'v been having issues with our services, and that this has prompted you to cancel.

What I would advise is to call us as close to 8am as possible to process the cancellation as this will ensure that you avoid the call queues that we've been experiencing of late.

Cancelling the direct debit would not constitute as cancelling the services and would result in further bills being issued to you. This can also lead to the debt being passed to a debt collection agency and damages to your credit file.

Please give us a call and we'll seek to have this resolved for you 

Kindest regards,

David_Bn 

0 Kudos