Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Latency

WFH is now part of life.  I work from home.  My clients and customers work from home.  We all work from home.  Our files are not at home.  They are in the office or in the cloud, but either way we need to synchronise or take data from the office and work from home.  Since home workers will not have a dedicated line, or business service, they are completely at the whim of the ISP.  We have large files.  CAD and BIM files.  They are big.  Latency is killing and corrupting our files.  It does not matter if we are getting 200Mbs down and 20Mbs up, we are getting 122ms latency and large files are corrupting.

What does VM intend to do about the 'new normal'?

We are all business users now.  We need business level of service!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superfast
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Latency

@gobblebox wrote:

WFH is now part of life.  I work from home.  My clients and customers work from home.  We all work from home.  Our files are not at home.  They are in the office or in the cloud, but either way we need to synchronise or take data from the office and work from home.  Since home workers will not have a dedicated line, or business service, they are completely at the whim of the ISP.  We have large files.  CAD and BIM files.  They are big.  Latency is killing and corrupting our files.  It does not matter if we are getting 200Mbs down and 20Mbs up, we are getting 122ms latency and large files are corrupting.

What does VM intend to do about the 'new normal'?

We are all business users now.  We need business level of service!

You need to have a business account for business level of service.

I have absolutely no issues using a Windows VPN back to my place of work. I connect the VPN at 8am in the morning and it remains in place until around 5pm at night, no drops, no corruption!

There must be a problem with:

• Your line.
  • Your router.
  • Your connection to your place of work.

To understand which we need stats off of your HUB

Could you access your router using http://192.168.0.1/ . Don't log in, select the 'Check Router Status' option and paste your 'Downstream', 'Upstream', and 'Network Log' tabs?

At least we can check the stats to rule out an issue with the line.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Legend
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Ask people that want that kind of stability to go on to a Commercial / Business Contract ?

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - 26_Aug_2020
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Why do I bother.

0 Kudos