Menu
xvm4x
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Latency spikes

FEFF506F-55C2-4732-B9FE-F00905DD2759.jpeg

Hi everyone, I’ve had virgin for a couple weeks now, and on the first week it was fine, but the last week the latency spikes have been horrible. It’s like this every day, and then goes perfectly normal again as soon as I’m asleep.

I’m assuming it’s down to congestion on virgins infrastructure, but to me this is unacceptable. It makes online gaming sufferable. I attached my bqm above.

I’ve tried modem mode, and I always connect through Ethernet anyway, no improvement. Is there anything I can do? And if not, am I able to complain and cancel my contract early? 

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
legacy1
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Latency spikes

Their are two ways latency spikes can happen normally VM QoS the download between modems well but the upstream can some times get bad and not QoS that well. The other is that your upto limits are not QoS by the hub causing you to spike.

At some point VM will need to look at QoS the modems upstream and better QoS between modems.

If your sure your idle when the spikes happen its likely the upstream that the cause.

---------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
xvm4x
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

So what would you recommend I can do about it? If anything?

0 Kudos
legacy1
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

If in modem mode with a PC you still get spikes when idle theirs nothing you can do.

---------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos