cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Latency Shot up since Saturday Need Clarification

Promar
Joining in

My Broadband Ping - VM Home

Been Having this since Saturday, Packet Loss constant high pings, in my previous experience seems to be over utilization, hope its not and someone can tell me different.

Contract is up and would move instantly if this is the case just would like clarification or any other possible ventures i could go down but tried all the normal things to sort this problem and nothing has come fruitful, been fine with latency this whole time guess they set up one too many in the last weekm weird though because high latency through the day as well seems a bit weird and download speeds are fine. Any help appreciated.

Many Thanks

24 REPLIES 24

Matthew_ML
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey Promar, thank you for reaching out and I am sorry to hear this.

I've done some checks and I can see there an outage last week however this has now ended.

I have also run some tests and I can't see any major issues, also the BQM you attaches doesn't load please can you repost it. Cheers 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

can you post up the proper link to your BQM - I am getting a 404

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

I have posted the graph thanks

Have now posted graph thanks

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Its looking ominous... lets see what this evening's period looks like.  If its the same as yesterdays then its either still a fault or its "overutilisation" - lets see how it develops

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Hi Promar,

Thank you for that. I've had a look on this end and checked our systems for issues, and everything looks completely stable now, so it's certainly odd.  I agree that your BQM graph suggests there may be a congestion issue, however I've checked for this and there's no signs of congestion at all on our end strangely. Are you able to send us a live link to your BQM so we can track it and get the most up-to-date data?

When was the last time you rebooted your Hub?

Thanks

Beth

If you mean reboot as in turn on and off have done it a few times since i have noticed this happening, and yes link is here to live graph 

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/bb694a886131adb928e409f853d002384c255121

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

What devices/equipment have you got connected to the Hub on ethernet cables?

--------------------
John
--------------------

Have 5 Devices connected my computer, VM Box on ethernet, on wifi my phone, my wifes phone and last unkown which i think is the alexa thing.

Thanks