Menu
Newmerm
Tuning in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Last resort...

Still having intermittent outages of my wifi during the day where all of my devices disconnect from wifi and then reconnect around 2 to 3 minutes after (green wifi light comes on solid), cutting my off from work calls and meetings which is massively disruptive. I've complained to Virgin about this and was told that I would get a response within 28 days; sure enough it's been over a month and i've had nothing back. Here's the story so far:

- Issues with outages so was sent a new Hub by Virgin over the chat

- set up the hub, still having issues 

- Spoke to someone who said that I would need to monitor my outages for 48 hours and if still having issues to call back - approx 1 hour on phone

- Called back 48 hours later and was told that they would book a technician to come out - approx 1 hour on the phone

- Booked technician on 29th December between 4 - 7; at 9pm the guy rings me and says he's late and can he pop round, told him that it was far too late and he said he would come back tomorrow, safe to say he did not come tomorrow.

- Rang up and spoke to someone to get a re-book, was told that because my 'internet was fine' that they couldn't send a technician out; and that as the technician has marked the job as completed I would not be able to get anyone out to sort. Put through to complaints; I was on hold for 2 hours and gave up.

- Went through official complaints procedure, told I would get a response in 28 days, been over a month now and nothing back.

- Still having internet outages - as they're intermittent and apparently everything is fine when i ring them, they said that i need to just reset my router (done this over 10 times now)

So in conclusion; 2 months later, around 5 hours on the phone, 1 new router, 1 unanswered complaint, 1 technician that didn't turn up and STILL having my wifi disconnect, i'm at a loss to what to do next.

I just keep getting told to ring the number, to wait on hold for an hour MINIMUM and then told that everything is fine with my internet because it's all connected. Considering this is a premium provider I thought I would try the last form of contact, this forum.

Please help me.

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Last resort...

To be clear..... you say "Internet outages" - or do you mean "WiFi outages" - they are different

Assuming your wired ethernet connections are all ok, (can you test that) then getting your own wireless equipment will solve any wifi issues permanently, and will be transferable to other BB suppliers kit should you move supplier.

Get either..... (1) A Mesh System, (2) A Wireless router, (3) A Wireless access point or (4) A combination of (2) & (3).

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
jpeg1
Community elder
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

You mention only WiFi connection.  What are ethernet connections to the Hub like?

0 Kudos
Newmerm
Tuning in
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi jpeg,

The only thing I have plugged into the ethernet cable is my xbox which I'm only on at night. With that in mind i've never had it disconnect.

0 Kudos
Newmerm
Tuning in
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi John,

Yep as far as I know it's only wifi outages. The thing is, the connection is absolutely fine apart from the intermittent disconnects, so testing ethernet connection would mean me sitting by my router all day whilst working which isn't possible due to it's location...

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

The idea is to connect something and see if it remains stably connected to the internet when the wifi drops out. A laptop/computer will be best for that - but a console should work at a push. Run the test

If it remains connected fine then its a wifi issue

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Newmerm
Tuning in
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

OK i'll give that a crack. 

Also hoping Virgin will respond so that we can talk about the complaint that they've not replied to and the abhorrent process i've had to go through to get here, still without any help or resolution...

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

They wont discuss complaints on here - they may give a status update if/when they get here

--------------------
John
--------------------

0 Kudos
Newmerm
Tuning in
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Ok thanks - hopefully they’ll get in touch to organise a technician or give me some help then. Looks like this is a WiFi issue.

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Tech will do little to sort a wifi issue. They may "split" the two wifi bands SSID (which is easy for you to do yourself) and then offer to rent you a wifi Pod - which will probably cost you +£5 a month.

TBH - you are best advised to sort wifi issues your self (with help on here).

--------------------
John
--------------------

0 Kudos