Menu
ozgurcan
Dialled in
Message 11 of 56
Flag for a moderator

Re: Large packet loss

area 15 too, engineer told me there was a problem in the area which will be fixed on the 2nd jan. Hopefully..

0 Kudos
samuel0225
Tuning in
Message 12 of 56
Flag for a moderator

Well that's more than i was told... Basically have been told there are no problems and you're internet is working fine... even though its not. 

0 Kudos
ozgurcan
Dialled in
Message 13 of 56
Flag for a moderator

LOL, my engineer said it was working ok and was ready to leave, showed him my bqm and done a ping test to show it was not fixed,  made him change the router too. he then called someone and  said that there were few works that need to be done on 2nd of jan,

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/440c6444565c54724eb7040a09946d5717c19bdb

Ruined my holidays tbh 

0 Kudos
samuel0225
Tuning in
Message 14 of 56
Flag for a moderator

Well hopefully that'll fix the same problem i'm having. I tried to get them to send an engineer round and they refused because its not an issue with connection or something silly. I'm out of stuff to try - I spoke to a manager who was really quite rude. It's still ruining my holiday tbh

0 Kudos
JYF52OSB60
On our wavelength
Message 15 of 56
Flag for a moderator

I am area 15 and having same problem all xmas. If it's not fixed after 2nd Jan I say we all cause a ruckus and keep phoning to complain because This is a small oppurtunity for Gaming before going back to work. Now that its fixed what's the point really all that quality free time is GONE !

Virgin media is only fibre provider here .... monopoly if you ask me! If there was alternative I would LEAVE LEAVE LEAVE!

ozgurcan
Dialled in
Message 16 of 56
Flag for a moderator

Only fibre in my area too thats why im waiting for 2nd of jan, booked another engineer for the 3rd just in case, if not fixed im out 

ozgurcan
Dialled in
Message 17 of 56
Flag for a moderator

I would say phone again, they have to send an engineer, if that doesn't work tell them you're leaving they will send one out 

0 Kudos
CarlTSpeak
Community elder
Message 18 of 56
Flag for a moderator

The only thing getting an engineer for an area fault will do is ensure that someone who has a fault a technician could fix has to wait longer. The guys coming to your house can do nothing for this problem.

Regardless engineer visits should be cancelled by their system due to the area fault. They shouldn't really be booking them as they'll be cancelled when the issue is closed anyway.

Hopefully the VM staff on here will be able to supply a fault reference.

0 Kudos
CarlTSpeak
Community elder
Message 19 of 56
Flag for a moderator

Interesting the amount of complaints from a relatively small area this seems to have generated.

Looks as though there's a noise problem in the area. This is not considered a critical issue and, especially at this time of year, degraded service is going to be behind loss of service in the queue.

Really bad timing but needs boots on the ground to carry out a fairly time consuming operation to isolate the noise source and plug it. Could be anything from a fault in a cabinet to someone trying to steal cable plugging a dodgy box into the feed to their property, or even just a loose connector somewhere.

Smiley Sad

0 Kudos
Jay429
On our wavelength
Message 20 of 56
Flag for a moderator

Having same issue, seems to be getting worse every day

I Live in the Tufnell park area n7 post code 

0 Kudos