Menu
zaferazak
Tuning in
Message 1 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Landline and Wifi cable cut

I cut my line by accident and had no wifi, a technician came over to fix it but its gone again and is extremely spotty i think it needs to be redone. Getting through to vm customer care is hell. Its always the automated machine and i just want to speak to a human and tell them. 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
lotharmat
Trouble shooter
Message 2 of 16
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Landline and Wifi cable cut

call 150 - register a fault - the automated system will tell you to reboot your hub and then probably disconnect you.

Redial and the automated system will see that you've called in before and put you through to a person! (Hopefully)

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hub 3 - Modem Mode - TP-Link Archer C7

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hi zaferazak,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, sorry to hear your services have gone off again after your cut cable was repaired.

I have tried to have a look at things your end however wasn't able to locate your account with the details we have for you, how are things now, have you managed to speak to us since your last post?

Regards

Paul.

0 Kudos
zaferazak
Tuning in
Message 4 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hey, sorry for the late response. WiFi has gotten even worse fully cutting out at times. Haven't been able to get through to support about it yet.

0 Kudos
Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hi @zaferazak,

I am sorry to hear this. I can not locate your details via your forum profile so I will pop you a PM now to obtain some more info. 

Speak soon 🙂

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for providing the details as requested via PM. 

I have taken a look at the account and can see there is a long term WiFi coverage issue with atleast one of your devices. Our checks have advised the hubs location could be an issue. Can you confirm if the hub is upright, out in the open and away from any obstructions and electrical items that may cause interference?

I'd also recommend our Connect app. When installed, you can do a wireless scan in the property. This scan will optimise the connection where possible to do so. It'll also check for any coverage blackspots in the property and if a WiFi Pod is needed, you will be prompted to order one.

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
zaferazak
Tuning in
Message 7 of 16
Flag for a moderator

The location and position of the hub is ok. The WiFi was great before the line got cut. Now everyones having trouble. It randomly cuts out says there is no internet but it's connected. Messages don't send. It's gone in intervals.

0 Kudos
Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 16
Flag for a moderator

The notes on the account from the technician confirm the damaged external cable was repaired. 

Have you been able to download the Connect App as per my last message to check for any coverage blackspots in your property?

How are things on a wired connection?

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

0 Kudos
jpeg1
Superstar
Message 9 of 16
Flag for a moderator

All the discussion above is about WiFi.  Can you do a test with a device connected by ethernet?  This will show whether it is the outside cable still at fault or an actual WiFi problem.

0 Kudos
zaferazak
Tuning in
Message 10 of 16
Flag for a moderator

I've had the connect app for a while. We already got a booster a while back. Everything was fine until the line got cut. Once it was cut we repaired it ourselves and it came back was very spotty just like it is right now. The technician came and fixed it, it was fine until the weather got bad outside and I think it got damaged again now it's back to being spotty. Connect app doesn't show anything just says to restart hub whenever its being spotty again. Done that atleast 5 times now.

0 Kudos