Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

LG TV no longer connecting to Internet via Ethernet cable to Hub 3

LG TV was connected ok for a few months via a Cat 7 Ethernet cable direct to the Hub 3 port. Lost connection last night and now cannot re-connect to the internet via the hub at all. Cat 7 cable is brand new and was working fine till last night. TV shows it is connected to the hub, but with no internet access symbols. Router data light show data transmit green at the Ethernet port.

TV connects ok on WiFi but distance is long and signal is not good, hence using the Ethernet cable.

Tried resetting the hub, shutting down the hub completely and restarting, switched the Ethernet port to try all other ports (and rebooted hub and TV each time). All other devices (laptops) using the Ethernet connections are working fine, just the LG TV will no longer connect via the hub.

When viewing via the hub manager / connected devices, my Ethernet connection to the LG cannot be seen as a connection.

On the LG TV the DNS and Gateway Server fields are blank when connected via Ethernet.

Any ideas would be welcome.

Mike

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Hero
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: LG TV no longer connecting to Internet via Ethernet cable to Hub 3

If all the ports on the Hub are good and all the ethernet cables are good the problem points to the TV.

Without having the same TV it is impossible to go through the settings, can you reset the TV to factory settings and start from scratch ?

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - 26_Aug_2020
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

just for clarity... if you plug a laptop onto the LG's Cat7 cable, does that connect or not?

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi John, thanks for the quick reply. My laptops connects ok via the Ethernet cable so looking like a TV issue, not sure why the tv shows connected to the hub but with no internet though.

Mike

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mike, thanks for help, will try a factory reset now.

Mike C

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

No joy with the factory reset, problem still exists.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Hero
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Switch the TV off not standby.

Switch the Hub off- use the small switch on the rear of the Hub.

Leave both off while you go and make a brew.

Switch the Hub on and wait for it to fully boot.

Switch the TV on.

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - 26_Aug_2020
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Do you have a USB to ethernet adapter you could try on the LG TV?

Depending on the model they are 'Plug and Play' with USB to ethernet adapters, although they display an 'Unknown device' as connected (I do this on my OLED LG TV as the built in ethernet adapter is only 100Mbps).

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superfast
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

It might be a software problem with some LG tvs as I used to have the same problem with my LG tv.

I used to get a pop up message on my LG tv that the wired connection had dropped but I haven't had that message for a while now but my tv has had about 2 or 3 updates from LG and they may have solved my wired connection problem.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Thanks anorrax,

That looks the same as my problem, now connected again with frequent messages on screen "wired connection disconnected" the almost immediately "wired connection connected" maddening but at least it seems to be connected. TV says no updates found so  I may contact LG and see what they say. TV only 1 year old.

Many thanks for your help.

0 Kudos