cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kier cut me off and cant get engineer to sort till tomorrow

tommy3
Tuning in

I am so mad. Kier came out today. My partner who has trouble dealing with people suffering from fnd and anxiety thought he was here to fit my daughters virgin line. So when informed he was here to do some work she let him get on with it. Had he took the time to explain he was here to cut off the virgin she might have stop him there and then. Sadly when I arrived home from work there was no internet. Again I still thought it was an error in moving my daughter line. Call 150 support. 

I admit I got a bit irrate at the operator at 17:30 when I called not only did he tell me there was no record of an engineer. He also denied virgin use Kier. If there had been an engineer out he would know. If there is no record there is no proof and he can not send an engineer. he refused to give me  his second name and by sounds of it gave me a fake employee number.... Why would he have done this well I feel only reason was he lied to me. Not only about Kier but also about the fact I would get an enginners call before 19:30. 

A second call at 7:30 provided no better answers apart from telling me engineers finish work at 6 when they actually finish at 7. Do these call ceters not have access to what work has been carried out by Kier it would apear they dont even know they carry out work for virgin.

I have never felt so disgusted with customer services no one can give me a reason why this is happened. I'm left with no tv and no internet and why..... I still have no idea why the Kier engineer was sent out! How can I find this out. Who do I complain to about my treatment. I know its been an error but surely thes call ceters should be aware these error can happen and try to find an engineer to sort virgins error!

sorry rant over 

Tommy

9 REPLIES 9

tommy3
Tuning in

Unsaved Image 1.png

sigh got this from my daughter.... So no record of an engineer huh.... to sort her internet they got rid of mine I dont understand why I was not consulted on whats happening

tommy3
Tuning in

Is there a way to check if engineer has actually booked reluctant to phone customer services again and been promised engineer phone call since yesterday.

I have link to original post

49AE2974-8A1F-436A-B8F9-09E87E4DE190.jpeg

 How the engineer that customer services claim didn’t visit cause they have no record left my connect

They appear to be in the process of upgrading you from hybrid network to full fibre and that's what the external work was related to.

You're a bit of a victim of an early version of the migration process. 

A victim of a process they never asked me about or advices as far as I am aware they were putting in an extra line temporary for my daughter… I’m left with no internet…. A partner who does not leave the house due to disability and now has no internet no tv no anything….. 

not only that she be left like this till Friday. Dispite me booking and engineer for today it has been changed to Friday this is disgusting customer services. They had no right to do so without consulting me…. 

5CB46F62-F5D0-407A-9D64-1A016D85F7B0.png

why is there no one who can explain what going on or why not 1 person has informed me why I needed this work done I was happy with my internet… I certainly didn’t want my partner left 5 days with any form of entertainment…. There treatment of customer is a disgrace and I regret remain a customer… when asked if they could increase data on partners mobile to help with the isolation we were told they can’t do that…. I seems it’s ok not inform the customer or help the make provisions for being without something they rely on….. to be told a engineer will be out the next day only to find the customer service personnel didn’t actually book an engineer…. 

Hi tommy3,

Thanks for posting and sorry to hear of the delays in install, we appreciate this is frustrating.

I've had a look at things from our side, and can see you spoke with us yesterday and are satisfied with what's been advised.

If you do still need help with anything please let us know.

Alex_Rm

Thank Alex I did in fact get it fixed it appears the kier engineer took away my equipment from outside the house. Maybe his instruction were not clear I am not sure. As customer service seem to struggle to deal with the very basic of issues and to be clear nobody from virgin has been in contact to inform me why they touched my line or why my service was cut in this manner. But being very clear when you finally do get an engineer he was great and had me up and running when he refitted what Kier took away. I’ll avoid customer services in future. I’m still waiting for the complaints department to get back in touch about my experience 

Our apologies for the frustration you had with this. We are glad to hear the engineer visit has resolved this. 

What was the last update you had regarding the complaint?

^Martin