Menu
GeraldP59
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Keep losing connection watching TV catchup

Hi there. 

I'm looking for some help as to why our TV or Virgin broadband plays up whenever we watch something on catchup or one of the apps. Please note we don't have Virgin TV. Just broadband and our TV is a Sony Bravia. We've done all the normal things like rebooting the router, reconnecting TV to the WiFi and last night even restored factory settings but to no avail. Not really sure if it's a fault with the TV or the broadband. WiFi is fine for the laptop which I use for work. Is it possible I might need a booster for the TV? Any ideas? Thanks. 

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Keep losing connection watching TV catchup

Connect the TV by ethernet cable and it will be perfect.

If it has to be on wifi - What Hub do you have? What BB speed package? Are you watching 4K UHD feeds ?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
GeraldP59
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hub  is 3rd generation which is the latest as had all the equipment replaced last year and am on 100mbps. Don't watch any 4K UHD feeds. Thanks John for your help. 

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

So have you tried it on ethernet? How far from the Hub is it? If ist connected on wifi do you know if ts on the 2.4 or GHz band?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos