Menu
backtothefuture
Rising star
Message 21 of 57
Flag for a moderator

Re: Keep Losing Connection - Router Logs

Hi @Paul_DN,

In terms of getting a replacement Hub to try (as suggested by the engineer) is it possible to arrange this online or do I have to phone ? - After spending hours last time I really don't want to have to do that, but will if necessary.

He did mention a Hub 4 may be more stable and we are being upgraded to 1 Gig in the area too.

Thanks

-

If I have helped please feel free to give 'Kudos' by clicking on the thumbs up icon against any of my posts. If I have helped to solve an issue you can also click on the 'Mark As Helpful Answer' link to mark it as helpful.
0 Kudos
Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 22 of 57
Flag for a moderator

Hi backtothefuture,

Thanks for coming back, at the moment the Hub 4.0 is only for the 1GB connection which you would need to upgrade to once available.

Regards

Paul.

0 Kudos
backtothefuture
Rising star
Message 23 of 57
Flag for a moderator

@Paul_DN,

No problem with regards to the Hub 4.0.  How do we going about trying another Hub 3 please ?  The engineer did say he would have swapped it out if he had another on his van.

Thanks

-

If I have helped please feel free to give 'Kudos' by clicking on the thumbs up icon against any of my posts. If I have helped to solve an issue you can also click on the 'Mark As Helpful Answer' link to mark it as helpful.
0 Kudos
Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 24 of 57
Flag for a moderator

Hi backtothefuture,

Thanks for the update, I have been unable to order a router right now however can you try a pin reset on the current hubn 3.0 first, push a pin in the reset hole, hold for a timed 1 minute then allow 15 minutes to settle.

Regards

Paul.

0 Kudos
backtothefuture
Rising star
Message 25 of 57
Flag for a moderator

@Paul_DN.  Thanks for your quick reply.  I've already done a pin reset on the current hub previously (and the engineer did too), unfortunately it didn't make any difference 😞

-

0 Kudos
Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 26 of 57
Flag for a moderator

Hi backtothefuture,

Thanks for coming back to me, I have now arranged a new Hub 3.0 which you will receive in 3 to 5 days.

Regards

Paul.

0 Kudos
backtothefuture
Rising star
Message 27 of 57
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Paul - Fingers crossed this helps.

With the lockdown what is the process for returning the existing one?

-

0 Kudos
backtothefuture
Rising star
Message 28 of 57
Flag for a moderator

My replacement router has just arrived and I've connected it.  Will wait and see how it goes.

Out of interest, what do the readings below refer to? - On the previous Hub it would always show a lower Hz reading for both of these, just suprised this is different.

Cable Modem Status

Item  Status  Comments

Acquired Downstream Channel (Hz)   331000000   Locked
Ranged Upstream Channel (Hz)   39400000   Locked

Provisioning State  Online

Thanks in advance

-

0 Kudos
Emily_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 29 of 57
Flag for a moderator

It's the frequecy of the specific channel you're looking at on the Hub they can differ.

Thanks, Emily.

0 Kudos
backtothefuture
Rising star
Message 30 of 57
Flag for a moderator

@Emily_G - Thanks for the confirmation.

With the lockdown what is the process for returning the old one?

Also, the engineer visit and the replacement hub hasn't helped.  Still suffering from random high latency and random packet loss.

Here is the BQM - Link

-

0 Kudos