Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Keep Home or move to Business cable

Hi hopefully someone can give me a hand with this 😀

We have at the moment M200 Fibre Broadband and Talk Weekends Our latest bill is £66 but the phone element is only £1.48 which I think is pretty expensive.

My wife works from home now and it appears this may be permanent 😭 she has been looking at Voom fibre and tbh the costs seem better than we are paying at the moment (I realise prices on site quoted ex-VAT) My only concern is what version we would need. My requirements are WIFI access for multiple devices inc tv streamer, phones, tablet, smart tv etc plus Ethernet access for at least 3 devices. Upload speed irrelevant. Probably wont even keep phone line.

Can anyone advise best version for us? plus I would like to install it myself if possible as this is what I have done before.

Thanks

Stewart  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Keep Home or move to Business cable

Business customers only get special SLA’s over repairs etc. and I believe you get a different hub as well. 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi, yes voom is probably better, you also get quicker callout and a dedicated customer service team.  I would stick with dynamic IP though.  If you message me name and contact details I will get someone to give you a call

Regards

Rich

Tech 83406

Send Me a PM!

Here to help! I'm a Field Technician helping out from home. Find out more
REFER A FRIEND AND SHARE £100 BETWEEN YOU

****************** ASK ME HOW ******************

Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hello

The Voom Fibre 1 sounds right for what you need, as a side note that Business Broadband doesn't include email addresses, and if you use your VM email addresses then you will loose access to these after 90 days of cancelling your Consumer Broadband there is no facility to keep the email addresses.

This include business broadband includes wifi so should no issues.

With regards to the self install that would have to be taken up with the business support / sales team.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply, I still use the old NTLworld email I take it It would be the same for this?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hello

Yes it would all the email addresses that Virginmedia manage, NTLWorld, Blueyonder, Virgin.net will be removed normally after 90 days of cancelling account, although sometimes these hang around much longer, but could be deleted anytime.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Which is why using ISP provided emails are never a good idea. 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi