Menu
Kyllerbuzcut
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Just moved & flashing green light on hub3

I've just moved she been told that all I need to do is plug in my box and hub and it should just work.

What in seeing in the hub (hub3) is a fishing green light at the bottom. Which apparently means downloading firmware... It did that for 2 hours. So something somewhere isn't working.

There are 2 sockets in the wall (it's FTTP) and I then tried the other for an hour. Same thing.

And I've tried turning off and resetting the hub a couple of times and switching sockets again but it just doesn't want to connect to the internet.

I did ask if there's not something that needs to be done like b switching something on or allowing access our something, but they said no, just take your equipment, plug it in and it'll be picked up. It didn't seem completely intuitive that that's all that needed to happen, but I'd didn't over 3 hours on the phone at the time, trying to get it sorted, and they were insistent, so I accepted it.

Anyone got a ideas?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Kyllerbuzcut
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Just moved & flashing green light on hub3

Just wanted to add I have connected to the actual modern on 192.168.0.1 and tried the troubleshooter. After doing it's thing it said it couldn't fix it but I did try the steps below... And there are no steps listed.

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Just moved & flashing green light on hub3

Either the Hub has been deacivated on your account or the connection to the new property is not active - may be a fault. You will have to call in and find out whats happening

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos