Menu
Tuning in
Message 21 of 40
Flag for a moderator

Re: Issues with losing connection regularly

So an engineer came and solved my problem. Turns out it was quite simple, the engineer I had before did a crap job.

Every connection the cable has from outside your house into it, and then into your hub needs to be airtight. This doesn’t just mean it has to be screwed tight, it also means the engineer has to cut the thin wire that runs through the middle of the cable to the correct length. If they cut it too short or leave it too long then it causes minuscule gaps, which result in a hugely intermittent and unstable internet. Constant drop outs, etc. 

Since the engineer came and explained this to me and literally redid all the connections from the pit to the box, box to my house, and then from the box inside my house to the hub, it has been perfect. Not a single drop out!

On our wavelength
Message 22 of 40
Flag for a moderator

Glad to hear you've gotten yours sorted. I've raised 2 official complaints that have been unanswered and I had their text message service spamming me asking how it can help, I gave up responding in the end. Having a bad time with this...

I'm guessing this forum isn't monitored anymore as I'm having no responses anywhere.

0 Kudos
On our wavelength
Message 23 of 40
Flag for a moderator

Nowhere near as it used to be. Probably all due to the pandemic problem.

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 24 of 40
Flag for a moderator

Yeah, in the end I just went through the customer service centre in India using the generic VM number. 

Engineer told me a tip, pull the power out of your router before you call and when they ask say lights are on and white and all seems to be working but no internet, that will trigger the ok we will send out an engineer process. Then when engineer arrives they ask you what’s up anyway and you can go from there. 

On our wavelength
Message 25 of 40
Flag for a moderator

Still no contact made by virgin despite multiple official complaints. I can't go to the CSIS until 8 weeks after my first complaint which seems total BS considering they haven't stuck to their 48 hour Service Level Agreement.

On the plus side though my broadband seems to have stabilised.

Screenshot 2020-10-20 113538.png

0 Kudos
Alessandro Volta
Message 26 of 40
Flag for a moderator

@Jonnyboybick wrote:

Still no contact made by virgin despite multiple official complaints. I can't go to the CSIS until 8 weeks after my first complaint which seems total BS considering they haven't stuck to their 48 hour Service Level Agreement.

I never realised that the Domestic Contracts had an SLA, what is it ?

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Semi-Retired Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - Mike Robbo
0 Kudos
Alessandro Volta
Message 27 of 40
Flag for a moderator

@MikeRobbo wrote:

@Jonnyboybick wrote:

I never realised that the Domestic Contracts had an SLA, what is it ?

There isn't, per-se.

There is a "compensation scheme" that applies to a total loss of service only.

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
On our wavelength
Message 28 of 40
Flag for a moderator

I'm talking about the SLA for responding to a complaint. Its listed as 48 hours on their complaint site.

As for the issue, its reared its ugly head again, the only coincidence is that its bucketing with rain today and last week its been bone dry, so maybe water is getting in somewhere.

0 Kudos
Alessandro Volta
Message 29 of 40
Flag for a moderator

That’s not what the complaints COP states:

We always aim to resolve complaints in the first instance and respond within 7 days, but this isn’t as quick as calling us.
In some cases, it can take up to 28 days. This depends on the issues you’ve raised, as we always try to give your comments the attention they deserve. To help speed up this process, please make sure you answer the Data Protection (DPA) questions accurately.

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
On our wavelength
Message 30 of 40
Flag for a moderator

Sorry you have confused, when submitting a complaint via their online form they state they will acknowledge receipt within 48 hours. I have yet to receive a complaint reference number or had any contact. It's an easy get out for them when I have to complain via the CSIS and they ask for the reference number. Note this thread has been open for a month now and I expressed dissatisfaction very early on.

0 Kudos