cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues with home move and cancellation wifi

Kmw48
Joining in

Hi,

I have spent over 2.5 hours on the phone to virgin and ever more on chat trying to get my broadband sorted since moving home.

Firstly, I got it confirmed on chat (after several hours of going back and forth) that because my new area I was moving to that tv services aren't included my bill would go back to original price before tv was included. 

As soon as I got my first bill through there were issues. Firstly, a new 18 month contract was started. Even though was confirmed on chat that wouldn't happen. Secondly, the price was actually increased even with the drop in tv services as virgin don't cover my area. 

I called virgin regarding this and was told by the home move team a mistake had been made. Spoke with retention team and raised a complaint. Was told by 3 different people a manager would give me a call on 3 different days. No one called. 

I'm currently 36 weeks pregnant and do not have the money to pay the bill trying to be charged. I then wanted to cancel as this has caused me so much stress but now being charged an extremely high cancellation fee as they can't get my contract term fixed. 

Every time I phone I get someone who does not understand what I am saying and they continually hang up. The selections at the start don't work so I need to sit on the phone for over 3 minutes waiting to eventually get transferred through to correct team. 

I'm at my wits end with all of this and genuinely cannot deal with the stress while heavily pregnant. The bill I'm trying to be charged is 4x more than my original. I shouldn't even need to pay a cancellation fee when you can't provide the same service. 

I cannot keep calling and waiting for this to be sorted.

1 REPLY 1

Matthew_ML
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey Kmw84, thank you for reaching out and a warm welcome to the community I am so sorry to hear about this.

When you move house you start a new account even know you are just transferring it over the ending date should stay the same however your first bill will be a double payment again.

I am going to send you a PM so we can double check everything for you, please do look out for my PM. Cheers 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?