Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Issues with Hub 4

Having been upgraded to the Hub 4, I'm now having to reboot the Hub three or four times a day, as it keeps dropping out. It's being used in modem mode connected to an Netgear Orbi, as the previous hub was without any problems at all. When I call to resolve the issue, the tests say "your hub appears to be offline". Rebooting is all very well but it isn't resolving the problem, it is hiding it.

This is getting increasingly frustrating. I'm trying to work from home and three days in a row, the Hub has gone down when I've been in the middle of calls and I've ended up having to tether laptops to my phone to carry on with what I'm doing.

Can someone please get in touch with me and suggest a resolution.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Issues with Hub 4

How does the Hub perform with the Orbi removed from the network ?

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Retired Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - 26_Aug_2020

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I've reset and put it back into router mode and now it won't let me access the Hub settings. The password on the bottom of the hub doesn't work, neither does the password that I'd previously changed it to, so I'm now in an even worse position than I was before and have effective locked the Orbi that provides coverage all over the house out of use.

EDIT: It's let me back in now.  I'll see what happens.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Do a 60 second pinhole reset on the hub

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

It's just gone down again, connected directly to the Hub instead of the Orbi. During a Teams call, which is definitely a pattern. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

What dropped? Wired or wifi connections? Did the light on the hub change?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

The whole hub went down, so no wired or wireless connections. The light on the hub doesn't change when this happens - it seems to think it's still connected, but when the tests are run it comes back as being "offline".

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Post the network, upstream and downstream logs from the hubs admin pages back here as text please

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Managed to speak to Tier 2 support, who have sent some updates to the Hub. If the problem persists after that, I'll post the logs here. Thanks.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

"Updates to the hub"
Heard that many a time before...

0 Kudos