Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Issues connecting to the Router

Hello Everyone,

I realise that there are Internet issues in my area, but at the same time my VM Router is playing silly buggers.

Currently the WiFi (2.4 and 5 GHz) won’t let me connect, saying the password is incorrect when it connected no problem before the internet went out.  When using a wired connection the DHCP won’t give an address to anythin laptop ends up with a default IP address.

If I configure up a static a static IP for the laptop, the Router won’t respond when trying to access the web interface.

The same thing happens after a reboot and then the WiFi takes an age to come up (at least until the lights are visible on the front) and on one or two of the reboots the 5G network didn’t come up at all.

I’d prefer not to have to do a reset on the Router as there are a number of reserved addresses and forwards that are set up.

This is a SuperHub 2ac which I believe isn’t exactly the latest but if kit...

Any ideas or help works be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance

Ben

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Issues connecting to the Router

You could try a 60 second pinhole reset on the hub 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

As much as I’d like to get this running again, I rather need the configuration that’s currently on there.  I believe that will reset it to factory defaults, right?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Fixed now, the Internet came back up and so did my local access.

No idea why the Internet being down should kill the Router access and the LAN though.

0 Kudos