cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues connecting Amazon fire stick to Hub 3

NGhaynes
Joining in

I have had a Amazon Fire stick for a couple of years no issues until a few weeks ago it stopped working saying not connected to internet. I checked the settings and it said it was connected with problems. I tried several fixes suggested but to no avail. I then did a factory reset and tried reinstall it but now it won't even recognise my virgin media password and it hasn't changed. I don't have any issues with any of my other connected devices.  Any suggestions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Do a 60 second pinhole reset on the hub 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta

Reboot the hub 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.

Thanks. I have tried this 3 times it still doesn't fix issue.

Do a 60 second pinhole reset on the hub 

BowieFan
Joining in

I had the same problem with my hub 3 managed to solve it using this fix

Change the DNS on the Amazon Fire TV (Wireless)

Go to Settings

Select Network

Select your WI-FI network and forget WI-FI network by Pressing the button with 3 lines on it.

Press the select button.

Select your WI-FI network.

Enter your WI-FI password and Click on advanced 

Enter the first three groups of numbers exactly the same as the IP address of your router. As an example, if your router IP is 192.168.0.1, then use the IP address 192.168.0.7 or something to that nature. The important part is to change the last digit so you get an IP from the same IP range as the router. 

For the Default gateway enter the IP of your router

Input 24 for the Network Prefix Length and Click Next 

Enter 194.168.4.100 for DNS 1

Enter 194.168.4.100 for DNS 2

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@BowieFan wrote:

I had the same problem with my hub 3 managed to solve it using this fix

Change the DNS on the Amazon Fire TV (Wireless)

<snip>

Enter the first three groups of numbers exactly the same as the IP address of your router. As an example, if your router IP is 192.168.0.1, then use the IP address 192.168.0.7 or something to that nature. The important part is to change the last digit so you get an IP from the same IP range as the router. 

If you use Static IP address as above, make sure the IP is outside the DHCP scope, don't just use any number that comes to mind.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks