Menu
ChrisJones49
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Issue with virgin boosters

Hello we got a set of virgin boosters a few months ago and set them up as per the instructions 

we find that one of the boosters (the one which isn’t near the router) flashes red and has never worked 

we have had to replace our virgin router due to drops and black spots in the house however whilst we haven’t had any drops so far we still have the same black spots 

How can we get replacement boosters please 

can anyone help

thanks 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Issue with virgin boosters

Replace your virgin router with what?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
ChrisJones49
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi there virgin media sent us a new hub 3 

0 Kudos
tehwolf
Superfast
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

@ChrisJones49 wrote:

Hello we got a set of virgin boosters a few months ago and set them up as per the instructions 

we find that one of the boosters (the one which isn’t near the router) flashes red and has never worked 

we have had to replace our virgin router due to drops and black spots in the house however whilst we haven’t had any drops so far we still have the same black spots 

How can we get replacement boosters please 

can anyone help

thanks 

The boosters have been retired and replaced with "pods".

There are reports of no stock at the moment, with new stock arriving somewhere between mid-Feb and early March.

These come with a rental charge of £5 per month unless you're on Ultimate Oomph or the 1gig service.  If they are free, they are worth a try (though reports of their performance around here isn't great).

Alternatively, you can buy your own wifi gear and use that (which is better value for money if VM are going to charge you rent for the pods).

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Have you re-synced the boosters since getting the hub3?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
ChrisJones49
Joining in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi yes exactly the same issue as before I presume one of the boosters is faulty hopefully virgin will replace them for us 

0 Kudos