Try splitting the wifi SSID and turn off Smart Optimisation as well.
• Access your Hub by navigating to 192.168.0.1
• Login with the default login info (on base of Hub) unless you've already updated it.
• Go to Advanced Settings > Wireless > Security
• Under Wireless Frequency 2.4GHz change the Wifi Network Name (SSID), suggest append _2 to the end.
• Repeat for the Wireless Frequency 5GHz, suggest append _5 to the end and click on Apply changes
You will need to connect to the new SSID names for your kit.
Also setup a BQM here to record the quality of signal to your Hub www.thinkbroadband.com/ping
As an aside, VM do not have any SLA's on residential contracts, so if you really need internet for work, then you should have a backup. VM also do not guarantee wifi, apart from making wifi extender Pods available, either to rent or free depending on your Contract.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks