Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Issue after "scheduled work" area 30

Hi, Ive been having some issues with my service, work was done on the 30th in the area and since then ive been getting connection drops and slow speeds. I know its happening through the day as my alarm system is connected to the internet is alerting me to the fact and that at night ive been having a lot of connection drops when playing games. Something has changed since you did some area work of which has made the service nearly unusable.

Do you know the extent of the works that have been performed in area 30 that could have caused this.. amazingly ive just finished the first month of the contract too... carnt last another 17months with this.

Anyone else in Area 30 with the same issues? and anyone here that can help?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Issue after "scheduled work" area 30

"Area" is geographically meaningless - its a VM legacy billing area. Post the first part of your postcode.

Also, in case the work is taking longer than first thought... try the “check service,” weblink at the top of this forum board, and there is also a Service Status number 0800 561 0061 which usually tells you of local issues, down to postcode level (that might even not yet be listed on the Service Status web page) that may give you more info. If nothing shows there call it in and see what they say when they test your connection.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

Thanks for the response first past of the postcode = NG3.

I have looked on the check service and nothing shows,  I suppose the last option is to ring if I get chance too.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I also live in area 30 postcode (Ng18) and also had area work done around 20th of last month and never bin the same since even had two technicians out and still got the problem 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Settling in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

hi I also live in area 30 (ln6), they did this so called upgrade on the 2nd of October, broadband does not work at all. Not much of an upgrade is it

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hello Abanner

How are things looking now?

Please let me know if you need help still

Gareth_L

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

I will let you know as soon as I can. Likely next week.

My alarm hasn't given out any errors so maybe. Has something been done?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Abanner,

Thank you for coming back to us, I am glad to hear you haven't had any further issues with your alarm.

I cannot see anything our end that has changed, if you do have any further issues please let us know.

Kind regards

Paul.

0 Kudos