Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Is there any wrong with broadband today?

The internet connection was unstable yesterday,

and it went totally down today!!

I could find out many disappointments on sites like Downdetector.

Is there any problem with Virgin Media?

I tried to message them, but they just read the first one and there's no response...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Is there any wrong with broadband today?

It depends where you are.

Here in DN12 it is very good.

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Semi-Retired Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - Mike Robbo
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

What does the service status page say?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I am in EC1M.

And the status says it has no problem..

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

As well as trying the “check service,” Area status webpage" (link at top right of this forum), also try the “free” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually tells you of more local issues down to postcode level (that may not be listed on the Area Status web page which usually covers >1000’s of customers) - that may give you more info, but even that wont cover problems affecting just a few customers.

If nothing shows on there, try calling it in as a fault (on 150 VM line - or 0345 454 1111 others) and see what they say when they test your connection. If they say it’s a known fault, get a fault reference number – n.b.- the UK call centre is still picking up and calling at 08.00 gives the best chance of getting through quickly, although I got through recently in 20' at ~1pm midweek.

Or, a VM person should pick this thread up as soon as they see it and be able to help in a day or two.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hello truelightpark,

Thank you for posting and sorry to hear about your internet instability. I'm unsure whether you're still experiencing problems since you last posted but I'm unable to find your details to have a quick peek. If you're still having issues, can you tell us more such as the connection it's affecting, the devices, and as much information you can give us so we can help.

Thanks,

Lisa

0 Kudos