Menu
vinodt1347
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Is there a Hub3 manual

Hi,

How do I get a Hub 3.0 manual or user guide? Iam specially interested in the advanced settings..

Trying to figure out how to get all my devices to connect.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
JitteryPinger
Super solver
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Is there a Hub3 manual

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-configure-advanced-settings-on-your-hub

https://assets.virginmedia.com/help/assets/documents/Virgin_Broadband_Discover_Hub3.0.pdf

If I've helped please let me know 🙂 Matt

A 10+ Year Virgin Media veteran, been here through the Up's and the Down's and Down's....
Vodafone 5G EE BQM Hub 4 BQM Hub 3 BQM Hitron CGNV4 BQM TT BQM

Technical Support - AV & Networking - Customer Service - Finance - Culinary - Construction
0 Kudos
vinodt1347
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

The links you sent were useful. The documentation is not detailed but the UI itself is clear. It does assume a good knowledge of networking though and the document does not provide input into various networking concepts like Smart Wifi, manual channel allocation etc.

There were few surprises for me. After seperating the 2.4 and 5G the 2 devices which never connected up previously can now connect. The laptop with intermittent connection issues now doesnt have these issues! Altogether Iam happy about separating the 2 networks. I also learnt a bit about Wifi network setup. Its a pity that we have to do so much DIY and there is no real customer service from Virgin Media

I found out that the Hub3 does not reset unless you actually pressed the reset button on for 1 full minute continuously. 

0 Kudos
JitteryPinger
Super solver
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Yeah its a pretty simple setup and documentation is more user friendly.

Glad you where able to achieve something with splitting the networks.

A 10+ Year Virgin Media veteran, been here through the Up's and the Down's and Down's....

Technical Support - AV & Networking - Customer Service - Finance - Culinary - Construction
0 Kudos
Adduxi
Problem sorter
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

@JitteryPinger wrote:

<snip>

Glad you where able to achieve something with splitting the networks.

From a Forum member helping on the new WiFi pods .... "assuming you have the new Hub correctly set up to use the WiFi Pod - Hub must be in Router Mode, with a single SSID covering both WiFi bands and Channel Optimisation enabled."

I'm wondering where does this leave anyone who needs a split SSID for their specific IoT as, for example, the OP seems to ... ?

0 Kudos
JitteryPinger
Super solver
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Leaves them not being able to use the WiFi pods I guess.

0 Kudos